Truffle Pasta with Poached Egg
1 pound dried spaghetti
4 poached eggs*
8 ounces baby shiitake mushrooms
2 tablespoons minced shallot
6 sprigs thyme
4 sage leaves
4 tablespoons sherry
2 tablespoons butter
6 ounces Urbani White Truffle and Porcini sauce (one can)
1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
salt and pepper
- In a medium stock pot, bring
- In a large stock pot, bring 6 quarts of salted water to a rolling boil.
Over medium heat, sauté mushrooms with a little olive oil, thyme and sage, for about 10 minutes, until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add shallot to mushrooms and sauté until both are slightly caramelized. Add the sherry into the hot pan to deglaze, about 1 minute. Add in butter to pan and give a quick stir. Keep mushrooms warm on low heat.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook to al dente.
- Drain pasta, reserving 2 cups of the water.
- Over medium low heat, add pasta back into the pot along with the Urbani sauce and one cup of the pasta water. Stir to coat pasta with sauce, adding more water if necessary. Add in grated Parm and toss.
- Serve pasta topped with poached egg, mushrooms and a little drizzle of olive oil.
* For help with poaching eggs, visit this website for some great tips www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/easy_poached_eggs/