Goat Cheese French Toast
A simple recipe featuring Cremont goat and cow cheese from Vermont Creamery. A snack perfect for anytime of day! Enjoy!
French Toast with Honey Goat Cheese
½ cup milk
¼ cup orange juice
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
6 slices rustic country loaf, cut in about 1 inch slices
½ cup turbinado sugar
1 piece Cremont cow/goat cheese
2 tablespoon honey
zest from one orange
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, orange juice, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Cremont, honey and orange zest.
- In a deep baking dish, lay slices of bread flat, not overlapping; pour egg mixture over the bread and turn slices to coat. Allow to soak 20 minutes up to 2 hours.
- When the bread is soaked through, sprinkle each side with the turbinado sugar. This will give the french toast a brûlée-like crunch when browned.
- In a griddle over medium heat, melt about ½ tablespoon of butter until bubbly. Place bread on griddle, being sure not to overcrowd the pan. Griddle each side until golden brown and sugar is caramelized.
- Remove from pan, cut in half or strips. Serve with a dollop of the cheese mixture, fresh fruit and maple syrup, optional.