No-Bake Chocolate Cremeux Mousse Bars
Summer food is all about anything and everything easy, but still satisfying the desire for amazing eats. These no-bake ‘cheese cake’ bars will have you out of the kitchen in no time. Our triple cream, Cremeux de Bourgogne, is the perfect base for these creamy, rich but light, chocolatey treats. Enjoy!
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1 3/4 cup heavy cream
1 5 ounce bag Honey Graham Brewer’s Crackers*
2 tablespoons butter, melted*
1/2 teaspoon salt*
22 ounces Cremeux de Bourgogne*
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
*Items with an asterisk can be found at The Cheese Shop of Salem.
1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips with 1/4 cup of the heavy cream for about 30 seconds. Stir to combine and microwave again if necessary for 10 seconds at a time, stirring in between. Mixture should be melted but not extremely hot or runny. Let stand until it comes to room temperature so that it can be added to the cheese.
2. In a blender or food processor, grind the Honey Graham crackers in batches to a medium-fine crumb. Empty into a bowl, add in the melted butter and salt, and combine. Press the crumbs into an even layer on the bottom of an 8x8 square pan. Put into the freezer to set up while you prepare the filling.
3. Remove the rind from the cheese, scraping the rind to get as much of the cheese off as possible. Put the rindless cheese into a medium size bowl and beat until soft and creamy, about 1 minute. Add in the cocoa, confectioners sugar and room temperature melted chocolate and beat again until it is completely incorporated, about 1 minute.
4. In another medium size bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture until fully incorporated.
5. Spread the cheese and chocolate mixture evenly over the prepared crust, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge until firm, at least 2 hours up to overnight.
6. Cut into squares and serve with Bourbon Vanilla Whipped Cream and chocolate shavings.
Alternatively, you can cut the recipe in half, and make into individual ramekins, serves 4.