Bayley Hazen Popovers
Pop! Goes the holidays. This week we’re popping with excitement over these Blue Popovers. Bursting with Bayley Hazen Blue, thyme and a touch of lemon, these little hot mamas are warm and savory, perfect for these chilly nights of entertaining. Easy make-ahead batter means a quick hors d’oeuvre that will wow your guests. Best served warm, accompanied by spicy, Creminelli Calabrese, or sweeten up the savory with a drizzle of honey. Enjoy!
Bayley Hazen Blue Popovers
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup flour
3 ounces Bayley Hazen Blue, crumbled
1 tablespoon Parmigiano Reggiano
1 tablespoon thyme, rough chopped
Zest of half of lemon
Equipment needed: mini muffin tin or mini popover pan.
- With an immersion blender, whisk together eggs, milk, butter, flour, salt and pepper until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the thyme, zest, blue and parmesan cheeses.
- Chill for 2 hours up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter. Generously butter the muffin tins and fill each one to the top with batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
Makes 1 ½ dozen