Brie's Grilled Cheese
This week’s recipe comes from our Cheese Buyer and Lead Monger, Brie. Deceiving as the title sounds, there is no Brie in this sandwich. Brie, our buyer, creates her Ultimate Grilled Cheese from a blend of Montgomery’s Cheddar, Chällerhocker, and Coastal Cheddar. Monty’s provides a robust, meaty flavor, while Coastal Cheddar balances it out with some sweetness, and Chällerhocker pulls it all together with buttery flavors and silky texture. This blend of cheeses is enhanced by the addition of scallions, which steam up al dente while the cheese melts between two thick, rich, chewy slices of sourdough (A&J King, of course!). Pair this sandwich with your favorite jam, chutney, or condiment, and you’ve got a super easy lunch - or breakfast, or dinner, or snack … Brie’s fave picks are a nice Dijon mustard or Worcester Sauce for dipping. Make sure to click on the video below! Enjoy!
- Queen Christine
Brie’s Ultimate Grilled Cheese
1/4 lb Montgomery’s Cheddar, grated
1/4 lb Chällerhocker, grated
1/4 lb Coastal Cheddar, grated
4 scallions, white & green parts, chopped
8 slices sourdough bread
coarse sea salt
1. Toss together all three cheeses and scallions.
2. Butter each slice of bread on one side.
3. On a griddle over medium heat, place bread butter side down.
4. Cover each slice of bread with equal parts of the grated cheese mix.
5. Top each sandwich with another slice of bread.
6. Allow each side to get toasty and golden brown. The cheese should be melted all the way through, about 4 minutes per side.
7. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, cut and serve.
Serves 4 people.