We are a new, small independent business with big dreams, and we are looking for enthusiastic, hard-working individuals to join our team and help us achieve our goals! Located in historic downtown Salem, our shop features an extensive cut-to-order cheese selection, a boutique wine section, and a vast assortment of delicious charcuterie and grocery items.
Our primary mission is to share our love of food with our community. We have great respect for the hardworking artisans who craft the products we sell. We are especially committed to food that is made with integrity, according to traditional methods by individuals with whom we have relationships. Above all else, we are educators – we embrace the inherent complexities of cheese and wine, but strive to take the intimidation factor out of it.
We work hard, laugh often, and taste constantly!
If this sounds like an environment you’d enjoy, check out our employment opportunities below!
OPEN POSITION: WINE RETAIL ASSOCIATE
Posted August 1, 2017
We are looking for a part-time or full-time Wine Retail Associate to join the team! Candidates must have well-rounded wine knowledge (beer knowledge is a plus too!), the ability to sell in a retail environment, and a focus on customer service. Certification in wine education is a plus. This position includes all of the aforementioned tasks.
- Receive deliveries and participate in ordering and re-ordering wine and beer
- Stock and merchandise wine, beer and grocery inventory
- Maintain clean, orderly, well-organized shelves and displays
- Write and execute shelf talkers and marketing materials
- Facilitate wine tastings, classes and special events
- Provide customers with service that is efficient, patient and friendly
- Maintain sanitary, food-safe workspace
- Must be 21 years of age
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Ability to be on your feet all day
- Knowledge of wine regions and wine production methods
- Familiarity in the evaluation and assessment of wine
- Experience in sales/customer service industry
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Availability to work weekend and holiday hours
- A positive attitude and the desire to learn
- A PASSION FOR WINE
- This position is a paid hourly position; $11.00 - $16.00 hourly wage range based on experience.
Please direct your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.