Steak & Aussie
An easy, unbelievable divine sandwich for Labor Day! A little protein alongside our best selling cheese, Aussie Magic! Enjoy all! -Queen Christine
Steak & Aussie Sandwich
1 pound flank steak
4 slices pain au levain
1/4 pound Aussie Magic, with extra oil
1 cup watercress
1/2 cup Maitland Mountain pickled onions
freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 teaspoon red chili flake
1. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, soy sauce, honey, balsamic, brown sugar, garlic and chili flake. Pour over beef and marinate 2 hours, up to overnight.
2. Grill flank steak to an internal temperature of 125 degrees. Remove from heat, cover with foil and allow to rest 30 minutes, up to overnight refrigerated.
3. Generously brush each side of the bread slices with olive oil and lightly season with salt.
4. On medium heat, grill each side of the bread until crisp and browned.
5. When ready to assemble, slice the steak into thin strips.
6. Spread one piece of Aussie Magic on each slice of grilled bread, top with watercress, sliced beef and pickled onions. Finish each sandwich with a drizzle of the reserved oil from the Aussie Magic and freshly ground pepper.